FOREDOM BL BENCH LATHE
This is a handy starter polishing motor is useful for both craftsmen and hobbyists. It is a compact, powerful, variable speed bench lathe made by the premier name in flexshaft motors.
It a small bench top polishing motor that is so much more. It's just 5-1/8" tall and 13" wide with spindles. This means it can easily fit on your bench top or pretty much anywhere. It's light weight so it's perfect for traveling.
When you turn it on, you'll find out it's a high torque, permanent magnet motor that delivers 1/6hp smoothly and quietly. The housing is dust proof and its ball bearings are permanently lubricated. It has a control knob that allows you to select speeds from 500 rpms to 7000 rpms. The green indicator light comes on when it is operating.
It has 4 suction cup feet to hold it in place. If you want extra security, there are 4 mounting holes in the cast iron base so that you can screw it to your worktop.
The included accessories are tapered spindles for its 5/16" shafts. The spindle with the "R" printed on it goes on the right side as you are looking at the motor. The spindle with the "L" goes on the left. The threads on the spindles only work on the corresponding side of the motor. To put them on, just loosen the set screws, slide the spindle over the shaft so that the screws line up with the flat spot on the shaft, then tighten the screw securely. Now you can use standard buffing wheels, felt buffs and brushes that are up to 4" in diameter. Just bring the motor up to speed and put the hole of the buff onto the end of the spindle. The threads of the spindle will "pull" the buff up and hold it firmly in place. To remove the buff, turn off the motor, hold the spindle and unthread the buff.
The BL features:
* High torque 1/6hp permanent magnet motor
* Dust proof housing and variable speed from 500 to 7,000 rpms with solid state dial control
* Permanently lubricated ball bearings
* Heavy duty cast iron base with four mounting holes
* Power on/off light in base
* 115 volt AC operation
* Perfect for use with buffing wheels up to 4" in diameter
* Includes two tapered spindles
* Small enough to fit right on your workbench
* Height: 5-1/8"
* Width: 13" between spindles
* Also the quality you have come to expect from Foredom products