Finally an alternative to ugly split rings or soldering jump rings. JUMPLOCKS are easy to use jump rings that "lock" securely in place with a simple twist of the wrist.
20 gauge wire
Outside diameter 4mm
Inside diameter 2.1mm
Here is how they work:
1. Use two smooth or nylon jaw chain nose pliers to grip the sides of the Jumplock at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions, with the opening at the top.
2. Holding the left side steady, twist the right side of the ring a quarter-turn away from you. Place your chain, charm or finding onto the Jumplock.
3. While continuing to hold the left side steady, twist the right side back towards you a quarter-turn past the "closed position."
4. Begin to bring your Jumplock into the closed position. As you twist back, very gently push the right side in just enough to make sure the edges of the two ends make contact with each other. As you reach the closed position, you will hear a "click."
5. Twist the right side back and forth very slightly to align the two ends and finish hardening the metal into the closed position. The ring is now "locked" securely.