ETHNIC STYLE JEWELRY WORKSHOP
By Sharilyn Miller
This particular workshop series on DVD features two necklaces plus four bracelet designs. The individual components you learn while making each piece can be combined in different ways to make a wide variety of different jewelry pieces.
- A personal welcome
- Tools, materials & resources
- Using a drill to twist wire and make jump rings
- Double-spiral links used in the Ethnic Coin Necklace
- Figure-8 links in two sizes
- Hammered and textured big leaf charms
- Making big S-clasps
- Copper tubing bead connectors with double-wrapped eye-pin loops
- Huge "Etruscan Spiral" pendants
- Foreign coin charms and using a metal hole punch
- Riveting metal pieces together with copper tacks
- Textured copper washer jump rings
- Assembling the Ethnic Coin Necklace
- Assembling an Ethnic Charm Bracelet
- Assembling an Etruscan Spiral Necklace
- Assembling a "Back to Egypt" Bracelet
- Artificially aging jewelry in liver of sulfur
- Polishing techniques; alternatives to using a tumbler
Plus numerous resources for tools and materials including Web links to helpful online sources!
This special workshop on DVD is jam-packed with close-up, detailed instruction, and is three and a half hours long.