|A super handy and inexpensive way to coil wire for your own jump rings. The Quick Coiler set features steel mandrels sizes: 8.0, 6.0, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0mm for making coils for jump rings. It is very easy to use.
1. Select the size mandrel for the jump rings you will need.
2. Insert the hexagonal end of the mandrel into the winder's collet.
3. Each mandrel has a small hole at the base for you to insert the end of your wire. Bend it slightly to secure.
4. Hold your wire taut and press the drill trigger to start the winding.
5. Allow the coil to form evenly.
6. When you have coiled enough, cut the coil free from your wire and slide it off the mandrel.
7. Now you are ready to cut your jump rings free from the coil with side cutters or a saw.
The hand winder is powered by 4,AA batteries (not included). It will operate on rechargeable batteries and comes with an AC adapter to charge those batteries..
The Quick Coiler will work with soft metals such as gold, gold-filled, sterling silver, copper and artistic wire. We have coiled up to 20ga wire with good luck.