The Beadsmith Multi Mandrel is a fabulous tool for the wire wrapper. It consists of a plastic handle paired with 4 different shape, interchangeable, plastic mandrels.
Use the Multi Mandrel to create uniquely shaped jump rings, earrings, toggles, pendants and other items.
- Select the mandrel shape you want to use (round (circle), oval, square, or triangle) and insert it into the smooth handle.
- Secure your wire to the mandrel at the desired size level.
- Begin to wrap the wire, pulling it tightly as you wrap it around the mandrel to create shapes for your designs. If you want to incorporate aditional items, such as beads, ribbons, etc. you should remove the wire, and the item(s), the return the sire to the mandrel.
- Continue wrapping the wire around the mandrel until you have what you need for your piece.
- To finish, remove the shaped wire from the mandrel and secure the ends, looping them where appropriate.
The mandrels consist of:
- Round mandrel with 12 steps ranging from 6.5mm to 27.5mm diameter
- Square mandrel with 12 roounded steps ranging from 6x6 to 25x25mm
- Oval mandrel with 12 steps ranging from 11x5 to 29x23mm
- Triandle mandrel with 10 steps ranging from 5x5x5 to 31x31x31mm
The mandrels and handle are made of hollow plastic. They are designed for wire wrapping and not physical work such as hammering or shaping.